This was a very tasty served with baked tortilla scoops. The whole family enjoyed it.
We found the recipe on www.onceuponachef.com Thank you!
Serving Size: 6-8
- 2 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ears fresh corn, cooked, cooled and kernels cut off the cob
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (you’ll need one medium shallot)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I like Colavita)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (be sure to zest limes before juicing them)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, plus more to garnish
- 2 Hass avocados, diced
- Combine all ingredients except avocados in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and chill for a few hours or overnight. Right before serving, add avocados and mix gently, being careful not to mash avocados. Garnish with a few sprigs of freshly chopped cilantro if desired. Serve at room temperature.
Look under my recipes for more yummy dishes. You can also go to my wifes blog and get lots of recipes.